UIP stocks and distributes a large inventory of Aluminum, Brass and Stainless Steel Hose Couplings, Fittings, and Replacement Parts, available from Atlantic International Coupling Company. Industries served include Petroleum, Chemical, Food Grade, Industrial and more. Our goal is to continually provide quality coupling products at competitive prices. We offer same-day shipping for quick turnaround, and pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. Custom hose assemblies are also available from our large selection of industrial hose.
What Is a Hose Fitting?
Hose fittings play an essential role in connecting segments of a system and adapting those sections should they have dissimilar shapes or sizes. With various types of fittings available, it is important to determine the specific needs for the fittings in a hose assembly. Job function, materials, cost, and environment are all factors to consider when choosing the proper hose coupling.
Hose fittings are specially formed couplings, or joints, that attach straight sections of hose to other hoses, components, or machines. In many cases, hose fittings are composed of strong steel alloy, aluminum, or brass and have applications in hydraulic or pneumatic systems as well as industrial hoses. The proper fitting type will depend on the intended functionality of the joint and the overall system.
Types of Hose Couplings & Fittings at UIP International, Inc.
UIP International carries a wide selection of hose couplings and fittings.
- Cam & groove couplings. Also called Camlock fittings, these common couplings are a simple yet reliable way to connect and disconnect hoses quickly without tools. The levers pull down, bringing the adapter into position in the seal, and then form a tightly locked joint.
- Universal air hose fittings. Universal air hose fittings, or Chicago-style “Claw” fittings, join air hoses with compressed air supply equipment and other air lines and tools for pneumatic applications. These versatile fittings allow the coupling of hoses with different diameters, quickly joining two couplings together with a one-quarter twist.
- Crimp sleeves and adapters. Crimp sleeves involve using a crimping machine or tool and a selected die to safely attach a hose for an assembly to a fitting. One crucial factor to consider when using a sleeve or hose adapter is that the pressure rating of the chosen sleeve must match that of the hose and fitting.
- KC nipples. KC nipples (also king or combination nipples) are versatile hose fittings for transitioning from a hose end to a male NPT thread on equipment like strainers, valves, or Camlock fittings. These couplings allow the connection of two fittings, one on each end, and are suitable for low-pressure service.
- Coupling accessories and replacement parts. Replacement parts include a range of fitting accessories, such as complete handle assemblies or parts, coupling gaskets, chains with “S” hooks, and stainless steel coupling pins, finger rings, and locking clips.
Fittings need to be strong enough to withstand extreme pressure and temperature conditions, and ductile enough to crimp without cracking, so quality is of the utmost importance. Additionally, it is vital to consider the coupling material make-up and where they work best. We carry the ideal materials used for hose couplings including:
Brass is generally easy to cast. Brass also provides good conductivity and strength, though less so than stainless steel. Its corrosion resistance offers leak-free operation. Brass couplings are intended for low-pressure applications or those not exceeding 3,000 psi. Brass couplings function well in -65° F to 400°F temperatures.
Aluminum is strong and ductile, particularly when coated or heat-treated. A lightweight metal, many large diameter hoses use aluminum for the reduction of a hose assembly’s weight. Aluminum also provides corrosion resistance, giving it a cost advantage over stainless steel for applications in the agricultural and marine sectors.
316 Stainless Steel
Often referred to as marine-grade stainless steel, 316 stainless steel couplings have excellent resistance to saltwater corrosion and also offer high pressure tolerances. They have good compressive strength, formability, and wear-resistance. Stainless steel metal performs well in temperatures from -425° F to 1200° F and pressures of up to 20,000 psi.
Hose fittings operate within different system types and are used in a variety of applications: low pressure air hose fittings, sand blast couplings, hose clamp fittings for industrial hose and pump fittings. Hose couplings are often found in fluid transfer applications, pneumatic systems, or those that transfer gasses. This versatility gives them applications in various industries including:
Couplings & Fittings from UIP International
Fittings play an essential role in hose operations; however, they must be well made to ensure quality processes. Since 1972, UIP International has endeavored to provide industry-best pneumatic and hydraulic hose fittings to our clients. Our on-site services, along with our exceptional customer service team, allow for same-day order confirmation and shipping options to meet your needs. Find out more information about hose couplings and fittings by contacting us or request your quote here.